Help Your Student Reclaim the Culture for Christ
We all want to see our students succeed. Parents naturally beam when their child comes home with a great report card, earns a solo, or achieves a top ranking in sports. Yet for Christians, impacting the world for Christ is more important than a high GPA, sports award, performing arts accolade, or even a top college scholarship.
How can students make a difference for Christ, both now and in the years to come? Today’s fast-paced world encourages students to put themselves first. Here are three fundamental ways children and teens can reclaim the culture for Christ:
Three Ways Your Student Can Make a Difference
- Even the youngest children can start learning how to make prayer a part of each day and how to pray for others.
- Older students can ask God for guidance and ask that God will open hearts of friends to Christ. Encourage your child to offer to pray with friends who are experiencing difficulty or to say a blessing when sharing a meal with friends.
- Remind your student that we can’t predict how God may work through our prayers.
- Serving and loving others is a tangible way we can show God’s love. Talk to your child about reaching out to the new student in class, the classmate who may be teased, or the child who looks lonely at lunch.
- When children offer to help others, it makes an impression. Something as small as helping another student pick a pile of dropped books shows both your child and the world that putting others first can be rewarding.
Share Your Story
- Prayer and care for others can help students build relationships and lay the groundwork for sharing how God has helped them.
- Some children may feel shy talking to others about the love and forgiveness of God through Jesus Christ. Practice conversations with them at home to help them feel more confident.
Building a Biblical Foundation
Of course the key to any efforts to impact the culture around us begins with a strong foundation. At Northside Christian Academy, we build a biblical foundation and worldview into every lesson in every classroom. We teach from the standpoint that truth is more than a good moral, but rather a way of life that Christ calls us to live by.
To see how Northside Christian Academy can help your child build a biblical foundation and reclaim the culture for Christ, schedule a tour today.