“The comprehensive purpose of Northside Christian Academy is to provide a Christian educational experience based on the authoritative Word of God.”
Few things are as important in the life and development of a school as the selection of faculty members. Teachers personally committed to the Christian faith and highly trained in their academic fields are the heart of Northside’s excellence. In large measure these men and women, with their distinct personalities and teaching skills, make up the fabric of the school.
The brightest, best trained and most caring teachers are invited to be a part of our dynamic teaching team. Our teachers are committed to helping their students learn, achieve and mature to their fullest potential. What is unique about Northside’s teachers is that they take time to truly get to know their students and discover the most effective ways to instruct and mentor each individual student.
Our teachers are fully certified, several of our teachers hold master’s degrees, and many have more than 20 years of teaching experience. Many faculty members take advantage of the ability to continue their education and are always striving for excellence. Our teachers are committed to our students, our families and most of all the ministry of Jesus Christ.
We believe Christian parents are looking for a special type of teacher, one we call the Living Curriculum. Parents understand these teachers will have awesome responsibilities and opportunities to shape their children’s lives. But how do we identify a Living Curriculum Teacher?
First of all, there is no prototype. They come with different personalities from different types of families. They were raised in the different environments in different parts of the world. They attended different colleges or universities and enjoy different styles of worship. Today, they are a wonderful mix of people rooted in Evangelical Christianity but with different heritages and different experiences.
We do believe, though, that Living Curriculum Teachers share a number of identifiable beliefs and qualities. Living Curriculum Teachers are:
· born-again, growing, followers of Christ and they desire that their students experience the same personal relationship with Christ that they have.
· happy and positive people. Students trust, respect and desire to be around Living Curriculum Teachers.
· humble and trustworthy. They have an open mind and a sensitive spirit. They are approachable, and they really listen.
· relationship builders. They understand that modeling through relationships is essential for growth in Christian character. They pay attention to the individual needs of students as they work at building meaningful and appropriate relationships.
· committed to treating students with dignity. Students know they can count on a predictable, nurturing and stimulating environment in the Living Curriculum Teacher’s classroom.
· parent partners. They believe the best education is one where parents and teachers work together supporting students from both sides.
· life-long learners. They never stop getting better at the art and science of teaching. They understand that teaching content is not the only goal. Study skills, higher-level analysis, critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities should all be taught and practiced within the study of each subject area.
· motivated to motivate. They take time with students one on one. To see a student end up serving God, using his or her gifts clearly within the will of God, provides an indescribable joy to the Living Curriculum Teacher.
We are passionately committed to providing Living Curriculum Teachers for Northside Christian Academy parents and their students.