On Monday, May 9, NCA’s Womens’ and Mens’ Track & Field teams ventured to Rock Hill, South Carolina to compete in the Metrolina Athletic Conference Track & Field Championships on the campus of Winthrop University. The conditions were perfect, the excitement was high and your Knights came ready to compete! The meet was highly competitive, having some of the top talent around the area, which served as a motivator for our teams. Veteran Coach and Head of the Track & Field program, Coach John Brooks was very pleased with his team, along with assistant coaches Veronica Washington, Jeannette Hollins and Ben Brooks. In fact, he was so pleased, that he shared a report of the meet and all of the exciting news that took place there!
Congratulations to the NCA Varsity girls and boys Track and Field teams for their high-level performances in the 2016 MAC championships this week. Both our girls and boys teams were runners-up in their respective meets. Overall, our athletes performed very well. We had 25 personal records, 5 individual champions, 1 relay champion (champions are named All-Conference), and 1 school record set. It was a very good day for NCA Track and Field athletes!The individual champions are:
- Teya Jones – Long Jump, Triple Jump
- Onesti Barnett – 400 Meters
- Melonie Mallette – 100 Meter Hurdles
- Tyshawn Miller – Shot Put
- Girls 4×100 Meter Relay – Melonie Mallette, Teya Jones, Dejah Washington, and Jonica LockhartNext for the Knights is a trip to the NCISAA State Championships at North Raleigh Christian Academy on Friday and Saturday, May 20-21, where we hope to represent NCA to the best of our ability.
As you can see, the Track & Field program at NCA has undoubtedly made us all very proud, not only of their consistent, strongly competitive reputation, but also for how each of our student-athletes represent our school, their families and the Lord! We couldn’t be prouder and we can’t wait to see how far these student-athletes compete in the state meet! Way to go, Knights!
May 10, 2016
May 10, 2016