We are so grateful at Northside to have such dedicated parents that care so much about their children’s school that they take the time to join us for our coffee meetings. We started our meeting this morning by addressing our “school culture” at NCA. We gave the parents at the meeting a better understanding of the type of school NCA is and the values we are trying to instill in our students. This morning we had some great discussions on the following topics.
Communication and security:
- Suggestions were made to put minutes together for those parents that cannot make the coffee.
- We had open dialogue regarding the safety and security of our school.
- Our parents made great suggestions on how we can better communicate regarding personal changes in our Kidzone program.
- Parents expressed to us the importance of security for our after school program and for the safety of our children.
- The parents shared how impressed and appreciative they are that Northside takes the security of their children seriously after seeing many of the changes the past two years.
- Our parents are so thankful that we have a plan in place to address the concerns as we head into the school year.
- Parents suggest new signage that can be put at our school entrances that help others now that this is a private campus.
- Parents addressed joggers on our campus and how we can support those church members that utilize our campus for health and safety purposes by providing some tags or shirts that will identify them as part of the NCA family.
- Project 1-2-1 (ipad initiative) was mentioned and great conversation was had over the topic.
- Parents asked about clubs, general direction, and the positive way the school communicates information.
- Our parents thanked the administration for the efforts that they put into listening to our parents suggestions.
- The parents gave compliments to the school for the many changes that have and continue to take place as we strive for excellence.
- New school parents were thankful for the direction of the school culture and the emphasis on our core values.
- Parents were encouraged about our current increase in enrollment and our financial situation.
- Parents commented on the great word of mouth that they are hearing in the community about NCA.
Some of the action items that we will try to address are the following:
- We will sit with our security committee and continue our conversation regarding the exterior of our campus and the safety of our students after school.
- We will begin to price and find the best location to place signs at our entrances that help identify our campus as “private property”.
- We will communicate with our parents on video on our site, Facebook, or blog, the minutes from each coffee meeting. This will be another way to keep all of our parents informed.
Come join us at our next Coffee with the Head of School!