I pray this message finds you well this summer. This was anther great year as we celebrated our 41st graduating class from Northside Christian Academy.
We are thankful for the Lord’s blessings on our ministry that started 52 years ago. We exist today, as we did in 1961, “Impacting Students for Eternity” in our community and across creation.
Although our Christ-centered mission is the same, the school has undergone a number of changes over the years. This year will be no exception as we continue our “journey to excellence” by identifying and implementing various school improvement initiatives.
In addition to all the great changes the last three school years, the following improvement activities are planned for the 2013-2014 school year:
- Hire new English and Science High School teaching position and three new Elementary teachers to accommodate enrollment growth
- Expanded our High School international student program
- Update our reading curriculum in Elementary School by adding new K5-2nd grade reading curriculum
- Enhancement of our Library and Media/Research Commons Area
- Reassign selected teachers and staff members to better align skills and interests with positions
- Continue to expand our iPad Project 1-2-1 among our High School 9th & 10th grade with new curriculum and an updated iPad Mini lab for our Elementary students
- Launch various initiatives identified by teacher-led committees across four strategic focus areas (i.e., academic, athletics, arts, attitude)
If you would like detailed information on any of this year’s accomplishments or next year’s improvement activities, please contact me or your school’s principal. Thanks to all of you who have remained committed and loyal to Northside Christian Academy. We understand that you have many school choices and are thankful you have entrusted us with your students’ spiritual and educational development. I hope you have a blessed summer and I look forward to seeing you again in a few short months.
Head of School